My blog is based on a topic, which is concerned with the important role media plays in childhood and adolescence weight issues - with the effects media has on these age groups' weight problems.
I have decided to choose this topic
because I find it amusing how media can change and shape young adolescence and
children lives and behaviors. As for the connection with myself, I have
two younger siblings so I am naturally interested in this topic.
Further, I
would like to focus on which factors in media contribute to extremes in weight – what
makes the children/ adolescence to develop eating disorders or to become obese;
how these weight extremes – obesity or anorexia are portrayed in the media and
how the children and adolescence react to the body images represented in the media.
From all of the age groups, I have chosen children and adolescents as they represent the most vulnerable group with the possibility of being damaged by the impact of the media. They are often not able to distinguish whether the message sent through the media is acceptable or on the other hand, harmful. Images given by the media often represent the 'ideal' body image, which is blindly followed by many adolescents and children, often resulting in weight and psychological problems.
I hope that this blog will give you some useful information about the topic and also entertain you while you will be reading through it.
No comments:
Post a Comment